Bee and wasp stings are only slightly more dangerous to children than they are to adults. If your child has been stung, there is no cause for panic, nor a special bee or wasp sting treatment.
Because children have less tolerance to pain, they may have a stronger reaction to wasp stings than adults. Children are simply more sensitive to the pain caused by the bee and wasp venom, so their reaction to wasp stings may seem pronounced.
However, the danger is minimal. The number of stings required to kill or cause significant injury, even to a child, is extremely high. If you spot a nest in your yard there is no need to panic, simply keep your children away from it and call a wasp removal company.
An exception to the rule is children who have allergies to bee or wasp stings. Bee and wasp allergies can be extremely severe in both adults and children. Allergic reactions to a wasp sting can range from swelling to anaphylaxis. If you are unsure if your child has a bee or wasp allergy it is wise to have him or her tested, so you can be prepared with the proper wasp sting treatment in case of an emergency.
If your child does not have a bee or wasp allergy, use can the same bee and wasp sting treatment you would use for adults. There is usually no need to seek a medical professional for wasp sting treatment. Minor swelling and pain is normal. See tips on treating bee and wasp stings at home.
If you’ve found a nest and need bee or wasp removal, Magical Pest Control is one of Southern Ontario’s leading bee and wasp extermination companies. Give us a call at (905) 738-6676 or contact us online to inquire about a free bee or wasp removal quote.