Usually bee and wasp stings, though painful, are not life-threatening and pose little serious risk to your health. However, if you have a bee allergy, a wasp allergy, or suffer an extreme amount of stings you may be prone to developing what is called “bee poisoning” – your body’s extreme reaction treats the venom as if it were poison, causing an extreme reaction. Bee poisoning, or apitoxin poisoning is a serious medical condition, and should be examined by a medical professional immediately. If you’ve been tested for a bee allergy, you’re at higher risk of developing bee poisoning.
What are the Symptoms of Bee Poisoning?
Ordinarily a sting results in pain or itching at the site of the bee sting, this is normal. Swelling and redness are also normal. However, you may be experiencing bee poisoning if you experience additional symptoms such as:
- Flushed skin, or alternatively very pale skin
- Swelling of throat, face or lips
- Fainting or dizziness
- Cramping or diarrhea
- Difficulty breathing
- Trouble swallowing
- Loss of consciousness
An ordinary bee sting or wasp sting should not require medical attention – consult our at home sting treatment guide here. However, if your bee sting is accompanied by some of the above symptoms do not hesitate to consult a doctor.
Getting Rid of Bees or Wasps From Your Yard
If you’ve suffered a bee sting or wasp sting and need to remove a bee or wasp nest from your yard or property, Magical Pest Control specializes in bee and wasp extermination. We remove bee and wasp nests safely and effectively. Reach us at (905) 738-6676 for a free phone consultation. We’ll help you determine the best method of bee or wasp extermination to ensure you’re risk is lower of being stung by bees or wasps on your property.